Add to Calendar
ICAS Digital Technologies assesses skills and knowledge in the areas of:
- Graphics and multimedia
- Internet use and email programs
- Networks and other communications systems
- Operating systems and computer hardware
- Programming and scripting
- Word processing
The papers cover content on:
- Digital Systems including hardware and software, operating systems, cloud computing and data representation.
- Basic and advanced operations and formatting in word processing, use of tables, style sheets, animations and referencing.
- Presentations, integrated multimedia and data visualisation.
- Use of search engines, emails, web design, social media, online collaborative projects and applying social and ethical protocols and practices in the use of digital technologies.
- Use of operations to maintain and manage data and databases.
- Programming principles and concepts which includes block-based coding, flowcharts, sequence, loops, pseudocode, algorithms and desk checking.
To find out more about the areas assessed, download a PDF copy of the ICAS Digital Technologies assessment framework.