Add to Calendar
ICAS Science assesses students’ skills in the key scientific areas of:
- Observing and measuring – Noting and measuring features of items and phenomena
- Interpreting data – Interpreting diagrams, tables and graphs
- Applying data – Including inferring, predicting and concluding
- Investigating – Experimental design, use of controls and notion of ‘fair test’
- Higher-order skills – Including reasoning and problem solving
The papers will cover content on:
- Earth and Beyond (incorporating the Earth Sciences and Astronomy).
- Energy and Change (incorporating Physics).
- Life and Living (incorporating Biology and Ecology).
- Natural and Processed Materials (incorporating Chemistry).
To find out more about the science skills assessed, download a PDF version of the ICAS Science assessment framework.